How to set up an Etsy Digital Print Store
Updated: Apr 23, 2022
This article will be your guide whether you have little or no experience on how Etsy works. Contrary to what you might have heard, setting up a digital store on Etsy is quite straight forward as long as you can see, read and use a laptop or tablet. For a first timer, however, things may look complicated but rest assured that this article will explain all you need to know in the simplest way.
To start with, you need to Open an Esty online store and to do that, follow the following steps;
1. Open an Etsy account. To do this, you need to visit Etsy.com, go to the homepage and follow the directives to where you “sell on Etsy” and that’s how you start the process to opening your own store. If you have an account registered with Apple, Google or Facebook, you can use any of these three to open your online store on Etsy.
2. Manage your shop. Managing your shop means arranging your store. Since it is an online store, here’s what you are meant to do. After opening your store, the next page where you would be directed to is “shop preference” page where you are required to set things the way you want them to be. Things like language, location, home country, and the currency you wish to sell in. One or two questions would follow, and you are required to answer them.
3. Choosing a name for your store. You have the floor for this part, but the platform requires that you make your choice considering these guidelines.
4-20 characters long
a name that has not been used by any seller on Etsy
no space between names or special keys
trademarks are a no-no
4. After creating a name for your store, next step is to add your Products to the store. As for digital items, you should choose “Digital item” under the “Type” where you are asked what kind of item you are listing. Next, you need to add files to your listing. By listing an item, you upload pictures of the item and the files you are adding are what consumers would buy.
5. Set up your payment preference. The reward for your craft is getting paid. Here, you choose how you want to receive payments, there are options like PayPal, or Money Order or Etsy payments- the option most Etsy sellers' use.
Following these steps will help you to get started. Good luck!